Consortium News is today launching its Fall Fund Drive so it can continue its mission as a trusted source of independent news and views.
Robert Parry founded Consortium News in 1995 as a place for journalists to publish stories their editors had killed after a Newsweek editor spiked one of his investigative stories because “it wouldn’t be good for the country.”
Not much has changed in the United States. The rulers of our country still want to bury the truth.
Now more than ever, we need credible, independent journalism. Consortium News has had an unwavering commitment to principled, nonpartisan reporting since Parry started the site.
After losing Bob earlier this year, his commitment to independent journalism lives on with Consortium News. That commitment can be seen in the stories we continue to publish, such as persistent nonpartisan analysis of the so-called Russia-gate scandal.
- New writers, filing original stories to Consortium News, such as Max Blumenthal and Pepe Escobar.
- Consortium News Radio launched in August with an interview of Peter Van Buren, a former State Department official, whistleblower and victim of Twitter censorship.
- A collaboration with the Pacifica Radio network and KPFA station in Berkeley, Consortium News on Flashpoints.
- The Consortium News Podcast launched in September.
- The ongoing series of Memos to the President from the Veterans Intelligence Professionals for Sanity.
- A 12-hour streaming, online vigil in defense of Julian Assange with Daniel Ellsberg, Craig Murray, Bill Binney, Ray McGovern and other participants.
Today, our fall fund drive begins, and we are asking for a commitment from you. We are setting our fall fund drive target at $35,000, the amount needed to continue our independent journalism, which has been challenging misguided conventional wisdom for more than two decades.
Help us take Consortium News into its next phase as a trusted source of independent news and views.
You can donate here by credit card online (we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover), by PayPal (our PayPal account is named after our first email address, “email@example.com”), or by mailing a check to Consortium for Independent Journalism (CIJ) at 2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 102-231, Arlington, VA 22201.
We are registered with PayPal’s Giving Fund under the name Consortium for Independent Journalism. And since we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donations by American taxpayers may be tax-deductible.
Consortium News is not beholden to any government or corporate special interests. We are funded through small donations from readers. Every donation is important to our survival—and the survival of independent journalism.
Please donate today, so we can strengthen Consortium News and honor Bob Parry’s legacy with an unwavering commitment to credible journalism.
Thank you for your support.