Watch Webcast of 17th Assange Vigil

The 17th vigil for Julian Assange, now a weekly event every Friday, was aired today on Consortium News. Watch the replay here. The Unity4J vigils will continue until Assange is free.

The guests were Garland Nixon, James Cogan, Elizabeth Vos, John Kiriakou, George Szamuely and Cathy Vogan. 

You can watch it here.

15 comments for “Watch Webcast of 17th Assange Vigil

  1. February 24, 2019 at 07:49

    My heart goes out to you all ,for being there for him ,what has our NATION done to FREE SPEECH, when I look at the politicians we have in Westminster that actually should be in JAIL for corruption,now we have a very courageous man that has been locked up for what ?? Telling the TRUTH, we as a NATION HAVE LOST ALL SELF RESPECT .P

  2. Antonia Shouse
    February 23, 2019 at 18:47

    Thank you,
    thank you for putting this on, for keeping us informed and part of this effort. I am really grateful to you Joe and Cathy and all your guests. This was indeed a fantastically informative show, wow!

  3. Anton Vodvarka
    February 22, 2019 at 17:06

    Many thanks to Joe Lauria for organizing this demonstration of solidarity with a great working class hero. Viva Assange!

  4. February 21, 2019 at 10:04

    Has everyone seen the latest review on this by Bill Binney and Larry Johnson on Sic Semper Tyrannis?

  5. Cold N. Holefield
    February 18, 2019 at 19:46

    We must work as one, as a nation, to send a message about whistleblowing. Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander (our electoral officials) which is the message they sing loud and clear. Look at Julian. I wanted to partipae in the vigil from my home but watching the video it would play and then say “Blocked in your country”. My country is America. Is any other readers having this problem or is it my overdue wifi?

  6. Mini Mouse
    February 17, 2019 at 12:45

    Ray McGovern ex-CIA.
    Our email has been intercepted causing
    soldiers to go into the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, directly right after my email has
    been sent.
    Unintended consequence. What was meant for Julian Assange’s freedom ended up as something very different. I am only “proposing” for a confirmed “yes.” Trump responded to me saying that I am desperate.
    My non-response to that resulted in a public song he was forced to take down: the name of the song is ” Everybody Hurts Sometimes,”
    by R.E.M. Therefore I ask you, whose more desperate? Why is he using the emotion game?
    Possibly because he knows that my plan was legitimate and helpful to Julian. CONSIDER CAREFULLY why Trump is responding in such a way. I have enough resources for one trip. I can not go and come back without real results. Love God. Love yourself. Love others.
    Do good. Be good. Godspeed.

  7. albie
    February 16, 2019 at 17:46

    Free speech hero – or egotistical wanker? Mmmm

    • Anton Vodvarka
      February 22, 2019 at 17:09

      Those without integrity or honor can seldom recognize those qualities in others.

  8. Maerwydd McFarland
    February 15, 2019 at 21:31

    They will bury him in Guantanamo, not give him a high-profile fair trial. The U.S. is expert at not making martyrs. And there will be no “legitimate” trial. “Fair” is not a word Julian’s persecutors comprehend. Don’t rely on the Constitution. It’s in tatters–and we have no functional justice system in the United States.

  9. Maria S Calef
    February 15, 2019 at 18:18

    Free Julian Assange, people need to know the truth, and what the government is doing. It is democracy, when we the people have access to be consulted, notify, informed, and participate in our democracy

  10. DH Fabian
    February 15, 2019 at 16:26

    Accept that we don’t all support the destruction (or dismantling, or however you want to put it) of the sole Jewish nation to establish yet ano0ther Arab country. Israel is only 1% of the Mideast, with the remaining 99% owned by the Arab countries. Jews are, i9ndeed, indigenous to that bit of land, restored and renamed Israel in 1948. Israel had previously surrendered chunks of the country to peace agreements that were promptly violated by the Arab states.

    • Devil's Advocate
      February 16, 2019 at 12:26

      And, this pertains to the Julian Assange story how, exactly?

  11. Jennifer
    February 15, 2019 at 15:55

    We are not free until Julian Assange is free and our democracy does not stand a chance without the truth.
    FREE JULIAN ASSANGE. Thank you Consortium News for your commitment to truth.
    J. Ortiz

    • Rob Roy
      February 16, 2019 at 00:50

      I second your comment. Thanks to all who participate. These virgil’s give us hope.

    • herbert davis
      February 17, 2019 at 18:24

      Having read some of what has been revealed by Assange I am not sure we ever were or ever will be a real democracy or free.

Comments are closed.